Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

All is fair at the Fair..

Today was our adventure to the 2011 California State Fair, and an adventure it was! From seeing the baby animals and live stock to the farm, exhibits, and the bug showcase.. We even rode them monorail! However the most exciting part about the fair was simply the food. I literally ate my way through the fair (with the help of friends of course).
It started at the request for deep fried Kool-Aid from the pregnant one of us. The best way to describe it would be a fruit punch flavored donut, bright pink in color and covered in powdered sugar. It was rather interesting.
From there we moved on to the promenade - where there was food cart after food cart! I ventured for the fried veggies which consisted of fried mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, and artichokes. I was slightly disappointed to not find deep fried avocado this year, a favorite from years past. Our complete table consisted of fried cheese curds, more veggies, a giant corn dog, and a sandwich called the fat Darrel.
Needing to walk after our fried deliciousness we ventured to the exhibits. Along the way I snagged a cup of Dippin Dots which were refreshing as the heat was slowly rising.
I'm not too sure where we went next but I know we made our way back to the promenade to finish with desert. After deep fried Oreos, deep fried peanut butter cups, and a deep fried snickers (my favorite by far out of the deep fried sweets) I thought we were done, but how can one deny the opportunity of a maple bacon sundae per Shan's request. Unfortunately it was very disappointing. I believe a disgusted *shudder* would be the best way to describe it. There may have been another cup of Dippin Dots to erase the memory of the not so tasty sundae...
At the end of the day sunburnt, tired, puffy from sodium and a raging headache I'm not sure all is fair at the fair... But I will definitely be back next weekend for my much awaited funnel cake.
<3

1 comment: