Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Estate Sales, Thrift Stores, and Antiques!

Yesterday, and Saturdays in general, was my day off with Z! I started my day with a little cleaning up and then off to target for one of my many weekly trips [i <3 target]. On my way to target I saw a sign for an estate sale just off the freeway and while I was waiting at the light I did a bit of quick investigating on line and discovered it was the estate of a musician! Score! Z being a musician and all I am always on the lookout for good deals! While I only found a few things for the studio it put me in the mood to go hunt for treasures :) I woke Z up when I got home and it was off we went! I have a huge love for estate sales, thrift stores, and antique stores. There is something about the possibility of finding something that you just cannot live with out that is completely unique and meant something to some one else at one point. Don't get me wrong I don't just buy anything, I am usually on a hunt for something and this was one of the first times that I have brought my other half along - and boy was he amazed at what you can find :)




At our first store, after finding a projector screen, he proclaimed "Wow! That is such a good deal! I have no use for it but feel like I should buy it just because its such a good deal!!" I giggled and told him that is how people end up on hoarders. We soon moved on, two thrift stores and an antique store later our trip was complete. We walked away with an old Singer sewing machine, dog stairs for the little dogs [which I heavily sanitized/bleached], and doilies [which is actually why the hunt began in the first place].

I find that I usually have to be on a mission when I head out on these adventures, otherwise my bag lady tendencies could easily lead me to hoarderville. Things that I am ALWAYS looking for:
1. Old band T-Shirts [specifically Simon Says, Far, & Deftones - they all have significance to Z]
2. Fine China of Japan in Suzanne [I have full service for 12 - which is an estate sale find- but am always on the look out for random pieces]
3. Vintage Jewelry & Vintage Handbags.
4. OLD solid wood chests [I have a serious obsession with trunks, once again channeling the bag lady in me]
5. Samsonite Train Cases [I have more than enough, but its fun to look]

I am in the middle of my doily project and will post soon!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment