Last month at work I had the opportunity to plan a HUGE dinner party! It was for about 100 people and I planned it in a little over 4 weeks - talk about putting my skills to the test! The event turned out beautiful, we had the food catered and the linens, tables and chairs rented, and I made the centerpieces and the table numbers.
This is part one of my Dinner Under the Stars Event blog- part two will be of my centerpieces. The party was to showcase a fabulously remodeled back yard (hence under the stars) and they wanted the theme to be Tuscan Style. Immediately I searched good ol' Pinterest to see what I could find. Immediately I LOVED the idea of wine bottle table numbers - kinda perfect right!? And it was something I could do easily and inexpensively.
Empty wine bottles are always around...
Step one is to gather the bottles - since the party was so large I needed 11 for 11 tables.
Then I removed the labels- this was a little challenging as some did not want to come off! The easiest way I found was to run them under really really REALLY hot water to loosen the adhesive then used the rough side of a sponge to get it completely off.
After all of the labels were removed I washed them inside and out and let them dry.
Now it was time to paint! Im sorry, I do not have a picture of the supplies I used but here is what I started off with:
Masking Tape [to hold the stencil in place]
Martha Stewart Paint in Flat White
Martha Stewart paint in Gold Glimmer
I painted one bottle to see how the stencil I bought turned out:
But I felt the numbers were too small, even though I like the font.
So I turned to option two - I had number decals in my craft supply and decided to use those! You could very easily cut the numbers from a Silhouette Machine [I have one on my wish list].
Then I painted:
2 Coats of white paint
2 coats of gold paint
(letting them dry in-between)
Be very careful to not get to crazy outside of the lines - I found on some of them that I did and when I removed the stickers it wanted to lift the paint too! :-(
Then once they were all dry I very carefully peeled the stencil off and Voila! The finished product on the table!